Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dead Frogs Tell No Tales


This morning, getting the car loaded for work, I found a ghastly sight on the drive way - a dead frog near the rear end tire.  Apparently my daughter ran over it in mid leap last night.  Eeeeww..  It was disgusting!!!  There is a big gash in the garden hose in front of the house, so I couldn't spray it down, and move it into the dirt, so I had to scrape it off the cement with a broom.  It was a terrible, bloody  mess! 


I went inside to get my son out from his room, and happened to mention the casualty to Lizzy.  She screamed, and felt so badly. 


 Lizzy is a frog lover.  She actually enjoys going to the neighborhood park with her friends at night just to look for frogs.  Apparently the frogs come out at night, and they are very cute to look at.  She has even showed me pictures of the little frogs that she and her friends have seen.  Well, I don't know what this frog was doing all the way at our house.


"The frog should have stayed home in his pond!"  Nicholas exclaimed, as he watched mom sweep the poor creatures remains into the dirt. 


With all the distractions of sweeping frog guts off my driveway, I got so frazzled that I actually forgot my purse in the garage.  I didn't realize this until I got to my son's school, and by that time, it was much too late to drive back.  So, here I am, without a purse, feeling really off balanced, and almost naked.  Of course, I had no money, with little gas in my car, so I had to borrow $20 from my son.  Wait, he owed me $20....okay, it all worked out, but still-it's so annoying not having a purse all day, plus, I'm driving illegally without my license to boot.  I feel such the criminal today! 


See, this is what happens - yesterday I mentioned some selfish things I would do if I were to become a millionaire, and today I have NO MONEY.  $10 for gas, $5 for lunch, $5 for my son's lunch.  I have only one dollar in change in my pocket at the moment.  Lovely, huh?   Looks like God is trying to tell me something, hey?  I still have my lottery ticket in my desk...who knows, perhaps I'm going to be a winner tonight.  May be the dead "Kermit" on my driveway is a sign of some kind. 


In other news, I discovered that McD's is giving away Wizard of Oz figurines in their happy meals!!  HURRAH!!!  And there is a Lolly Boy figurine!!  HURRAH!!!  Guess who is going to have one in her office?!  Now I'll have to Lolly's around my desk!! 


 



 


 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you feel like someone cutt off one of your arms with out your purse , I know I would, I hope all went well with you today..
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. Poor Kermit....you killed him! I bet it stunk too. XO

Anonymous said...

You're so FUNNY... are you going to put that Lolly out??  Poor froggy, Poor Lizzy!!! I too, hate being without my purse, you really do feel naked... incomplete the whole day.... LOL!!!  Glad your son had money to lend you.

Joann