Friday, September 26, 2008

Hello Friday!

It's Friday, and it's about time.   That is all I'm going to say....

What is it about the month of September?  It is 30 days; not as long as some months, but for some reason, it has to be the longest month of the year.  It's been a busy, hectic, month. 

Yesterday morning I read something disturbing, and sad.  One of my best Avon customers is in jail.  Lovely, huh?  All I have to say is she was one of my favorite customers; she always paid her bill on time, and she was very sweet to me.  I was just thinking about her earlier this week,  wondering why I hadn't heard from her because she usually submits an order every other week with me.  Now I know why.  Large amounts of money is involved, and she did mention that she was having "a great summer"... hmm..  I guess large amounts of  money would make any summer extra special, huh?  Sad situation.  You reap what you sow.  How frustrating. 

   I can't sell to clients, and she may become one soon.  Too bad because I could sell a lot of stuff to inmates in the jail.  Do you realize that women actually take ink from magazines for eyeliner, shadow and lipstick?!  Yep.  It's always important for some to look their best.  For hairspray, they use sugar and water.  I am amazed how resourceful some of them can be.  There are limited things one can take with them when they are doing time in the slammer.  Makeup is not one of them, but some ladies actually go to the extremes and stick them up the "kazoo" (there are places up there-you know where) hoping they don't get found during the strip search.  When I used to work for the jail office, I would come across some very interesting notes from some of the inmates to our staff:

"Help!  The plastic bag with the cigarettes came out, but not the cigarettes!"

Ouch. 

It's FRIDAY!!!  Yipppee!!!

Tomorrow I'm going to San Francisco to get Lizzy's classes registered for when she starts her college courses.  I'm thinking that may be we should take the train there instead.  It shall be interesting...  I think I'll bring my camera. 

I need to decide where my son Andrew is going to take his confirmation classes for church.  Yes, we are Catholic, and I want him to finish his religious sacraments-and he has finally agreed to do them-just can't decide whether to have them done near home, or near my mom's house.  I'm also wondering whether or not to enroll Nicholas in kindergarten cathechism.  Decisions..decisions...

I'm also trying to decide on my work schedule.  I'm seriously thinking of getting my hours voluntarily cut 10 hours and work a 30 day week instead of a 40... 

There is hope on the horizon that Lolly will be moving out of this office I share with him soon!  YAY!! 

I got 6 boxes of Avon Christmas stuff last night, and two are still sitting by my front door.  I have to start thinking of basket ideas for the Christmas Boutique in November.  Thanks Lisa Jo for the suggestion.  I may put some on here for you guys to see, but I don't know if I can advertise it---I have to check for sure.  I don't want to get cited and convicted and thrown in jail.  I can't sell anything behind bars, and the people in there probably would want to buy my stuff, but they don't have money.  I don't want any of them being caught with any Skin So Soft moisturizer, or Avon Slick Swirls stuck up their "kazoo" if you know what I mean. 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what people in prison do to try and have somewhat of a normal life.  Yikes!

Russ

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

i am ready to do a bit of avon shopping ..send me the link and the free shipping thingy if you don't mond...;-)
hugs
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

did that order from earlier this week ship out yet?
I love gift baskets....not the WM kind that are like $8 for fake soap shaped like a damn rose and some crappy spritz that smells like your grandma's toilet but the kind with stuff in it that a person will use.
I am in tears LOL at the thought of the cigs staying in the rear.

well, it was the rear end of the jail mate that they stuck the cigs in, right?

i would LOVE to take a train to San Fran. I love public transportation. XO

Anonymous said...

I am all for looking your best, but I am not sticking anything up my kazoo to do it!  LOL  Thanks for the much needed laugh!  I just caught up reading a bit... I miss you!  Hope Lizzie's registration goes well!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/